Sunday, September 21, 2008

another good dove hunt

I went dove hunting again this Saturday in Clifton, TX with my two big cousins Clint and Dan. We stayed the night at my Aunt Betty and Uncle Larry's house Friday night because they live in Meridian, TX which is about 15 minutes from where we hunted. It was really good to get to see my cousins and my great aunt and uncle.
The morning hunt was great! We only slept for about 4 hours Friday night and I think you can still see that Chester is still sleepy in the picture above.
The total bird count after the smoke had cleared Saturday morning was 90 dove. We were able to get most of the dove as they were coming back from feeding to water. We sat on a peninsula and most of the birds fell in the water. Chester earned his dog food Saturday with well over 100 birds falling in the pond. He was flawless and retrieved everyone like a seasoned vet. We did well in the evening hunt as well, but only ended up with 67 dove. The final count... 157 dove in one day. Another great hunt.

No comments: