Sunday, September 14, 2008

I went on a dove hunt north of Cisco, and it was one of the best dove hunts I have been on in a long time. We killed 90 dove in the evening hunt. (I forgot my camera for the evening hunt and we had started to clean the dove after the morning hunt, so I only got one picture with just a few dove) Chester did not lose one bird that evening.
I have not had the opportunity to hunt with my uncle Stephen in a long time and we had a blast! I miss the old days when we hunted almost weekly together.
We did a little bit of varmint hunting late night and got three coyotes to come in, but we were unable to kill any. We did shoot two hogs Saturday night.
Slept on a trailer outside, underneath the stars and almost full moon, while the yotes yelped and howled all night and Chester growled as if he was going to protect me if he needed to.
The morning hunt was not as fruitful, but we did well with 30 dove.
In all it was a great weekend! It is amazing how being out hunting will renew your
spirit and wash away all the stress of day to day life.


No comments: